Saturday, April 30, 2016


May 1, 2016

Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers and grandmothers out there. If I had my way every day would be Mother’s Day. April sure did bring all kinds of crazy weather across the country, I hope your garden is blooming where you live and the sun is shining down on you.

In this Issue:
Quote of the Month 
Check out my RT2016 Report
Featured Author  
May Traditions
Recipe of the Month
Upcoming Book Signings/Appearances
Coming Next Month

Quote of the Month:  There is nothing impossible to him who will try.” ~~ Alexander the Great (356 BC – 323 BC)

Featured Author:  Lynn Crain

Hi Everyone!

First, I want to thank Maxine for allowing me to be on her wonderful blog, Maxine’s Musing. I’ve just returned from living in Europe for 5 years and spent a lovely week with her at RT.

Second, I just don’t know where to start this post as I plan to have so many things out this year. But I do believe I’ll talk about one that’s been on the back burner for months. I’d hope to have it out sometime last year and well before I moved back to the US but alas, it didn’t happen.

Here’s the blurb for my upcoming book, Worth the Wait:

Jenny Adams wasn’t a popular girl in high school. No one understood the attraction star running back Reese MacGyver had for her, least of all Jenny. When it looked as if things were getting hot and heavy before going away to college, Reese put on the brakes by soliciting a promise from her that they would get together, if neither were taken, at their tenth high school reunion. In a split-second decision and because of her love for him, Jenny puts it all in, vowing to make good on a teenage wish.
          But ten years is a long time to wait. While Jenny has had relationships come and go, the promise always remains on her mind even when Reese becomes the man of every woman’s dream. He’s been very busy with his life and has become one of the richest men under thirty in decades. Jenny has done good too but not nearly that good and she wonders if he’ll be a man of his word as their tenth reunion looms.
          And as the day draws every closer, she wonders if it will all be worth the wait…

And it’s amazing that I’m supposed to tell you the inspiration for this book. This story is about a promise made and a high school reunion. It’s ironic that I will be celebrating my 40th reunion this very year over 4th of July. I love the promise of a reunion and finding love at a young age. I didn’t do that but I did find my soulmate in college and I’m very thankful. To be honest, there was only one guy that I felt who could fit this bill in high school and tragically, he died the summer after we graduated. I was thinking about him as I wrote this story and playing the ‘what-if’ game that so many of us writers do.

Since this story isn’t out yet, keep your eyes on my website and my blog for information. I plan to release it on July 4th for my own 40th high school reunion. And I’d like to leave you with a question…what have you done at your high school reunions, or college reunions, that have made them memorable?

Please leave your answer in the comments and I’ll choose one lucky winner of a $10 Amazon Gift Certificate, an eBook from my backlist AND a copy of Worth The Wait when it becomes available.

You can find me at these wonderful places:


And don’t be a stranger…I love talking to other readers…and writers as well. Hope to see you around sometime soon!

Lynn Crain

May Traditions: 

*    May Day:  The first day of the month of May is known as May Day. It is the time of year when warmer weather begins and flowers and trees start to blossom. It is said to be a time of love and romance. It is when people celebrate the coming of summer with lots of different customs that are expressions of joy and hope after a long winter.
*    Maypole Dancing:  Maypoles were once common all over England and were kept from one year to the next. Schools would practice skipping round the pole for weeks before the final show on the village greens. The end results would be either a beautiful plaited pattern of ribbons round the pole or a tangled cat's cradle, depending on how much rehearsing had been done. 
*    Castleton Garland:  Castleton Garland is a flower-covered framework covering the Garland King, who leads a procession on horseback around the village accompanied by his Queen. It is over 3 feet high and weighs around 30 kg! Spectators are given sprigs of oak to adorn themselves (even dogs take part in this!).
Read more about May Day here.

Recipe of the Month:

Rhubarb & Custard Cake


1 quantity Barney's roasted see recipe, below method)
250g pack, softened, plus extra for greasing
150g pot ready-made custard (not the chilled kind; I used Ambrosia)
250g self-raising flour
½ tsp baking powder

4 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
250g golden caster sugar
icing sugar, for dusting


ü Make the roasted rhubarb first, carefully draining off the juices before you let it cool. Butter and line a 23cm loose-bottomed or springform cake tin. Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
ü Reserve 3 tbsp of the custard in a bowl. Beat the rest of the custard together with the butter, flour, baking powder, eggs, vanilla and sugar until creamy and smooth. Spoon one-third of the mix into the tin, add some of the rhubarb, then dot with one-third more cake mix and spread it out as well as you can. Top with some more rhubarb, then spoon over the remaining cake mix, leaving it in rough mounds and dips rather than being too neat about it. Scatter the rest of the rhubarb over the batter, then dot the remaining custard over. Bake for 40 mins until risen and golden, then cover with foil and bake for 15-20 mins more. It’s ready when a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool in the tin, then dredge with icing sugar when cool.



Upcoming Book Signings / Appearances:
©     3rd Saturday of Month:  OKRWA Monthly Meeting, OKC Museum of Art
©     June 25, 2016:  2nd Annual ArtWalk, Duncan OK

Coming Next Month:  June Traditions, and author Bren MacLeod

With much gratitude, until next time…keep reading.

Maxine                                
Spark your imagination and entice your mind
Be adventurous in your own mind
Take a journey into a new world and be inspired
Enjoy the pleasures of reading ~~
It does the mind and body good.




 Above photo found on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. When we attended my 10-Year Reunion we were bored. None of my friends came. It was pretty wild to see the high school nerd had turned into a major fox! At my husband's 10-Year the thing I remember is going back to one of his friend's house and hanging in his hot tub afterward. This story sounds excellent! It reminds me a bit of that movie "Same Time Next Year." Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete