Tuesday, October 11, 2022

 

ROSEMARY

 Welcome Margaret Tanner to
Book Treasure Tuesday!

Introduction

 I am Margaret Tanner, an award-winning, Australian author with over one hundred books published on Amazon. I now concentrate on writing sweet Western Historical Romance, although in the past I used to write Contemporary Romance and Australian Historical Romance.
Frontier Australia and frontier America, have many similarities such as isolated communities living in a harsh, unforgiving environment, a large single male population, and a lack of marriageable women, so I have never found it hard to write Westerns.
I like my stories to be drama laden. My heroes hide behind a rough exterior. They are tough men who are prepared to face danger and overwhelming odds for the women they love. My heroines are brave, resourceful women willing to endure hardship and danger in an untamed land, if it means they can win their heart’s desire.
I have had had many jobs over the years including being an Army Reservist and an Army Major’s secretary. Another job I held was as a postal delivery person. Being scared of dogs didn’t help, as I was accosted many times by dogs who were/or were not, intent on doing me harm.
I sadly lost my husband a couple of years ago. I have three grown up sons, and two gorgeous little granddaughters.
Outside of my family and friends, writing is my passion.

Sneak Peek

 My latest release was on the 9th September, and is a standalone story in my Western Flower Brides Series - Rosemary (Book 4).

 Genre: Historical Western Romance
Heat Level: Sweet with Christian values

 

Griffin Eastman has been shot by an unknown assailant.
 
Disillusioned with women and life in general after a shocking betrayal, a wounded Griff Eastman struggles to the home of a distant relative.
     They give him sanctuary, but there is always a price to pay, right?
      Rosemary Duffy is the only mother little Luke has ever known.
     When a ruthless relative tries to claim him, she will do anything to thwart his plans.
     To keep Luke safe, Griff reluctantly offers to marry Rosemary.
      Can Cupid’s magic enable this unlikely couple to find the happiness they both deserve?

 Excerpt

“Will grandpa be okay?” Luke manfully tried to stop his bottom lip from quivering as he helped Rosemary unload a wagon load of hay. Noah McVeigh, from Virginia City, had delivered it yesterday afternoon.
Rosemary hated to think of the little boy being so worried. Well, she was worried, also, as her grandfather was an extremely old man. What would they do if something happened to him? He had promised to leave her the way station in his will, knowing Luke would always have a home here with her. As if she would desert the ten-year-old she had brought up since he was twelve months old and looked upon as her son. She was the only mother he had ever known, and she would fight with every breath in her body to keep him happy and safe from harm.
Could she run the way station on her own and fight Jeb Cashmore, who wanted to get his greedy hands on it because of the creek? It was terrible thinking this way when grandpa was still alive, but foolish not to do so under the precarious circumstances in which they were living under now.
Over the last few months, grandpa seemed to have given up the will to live. The only thing keeping him alive was trying to find a solution to the dilemma she and Luke would find themselves in once he was gone.
“You need to find yourself a decent man to marry,” the old man kept saying. “It would scare Jeb away once and for all.” The words echoed inside her head until she wanted to scream at them to go away and leave her alone.
At twenty-one, she should have been married, but had yet to find a man who appealed to her. Not that she had much chance to meet anyone suitable, as keeping the way station going didn’t give her any spare time. If the stage line owners knew it was her and Luke who did most of the work here, they might be tempted to stop the twice weekly mail run, with the odd passenger or two, who needed to travel out this way.
If Jeb Cashmore found out the diabolical position they were in, he would use it to run them off the place.

 Rosemary is available in Kindle Unlimited

Amazon

Research Tidbits

 I always do special research for each book, so the main characters have their own little niche and foibles, appropriate to the time period. I write mainly in the same era and areas, so I already have my basic research notes.

Interview Questions

Do deadlines help or hinder your muse?
 
I don’t like deadlines, mainly because I am no good under pressure. This is the reason why I am always well ahead in my writing schedule. 

What genre do you mainly write in?
 
I now write only sweet western historical romance with Christian values.
 
Do you recall when your interest in writing originated?
 
Yes, I can. I was about eight years old and loved writing short stories and submitting them to competitions, which I often won. The prize money, even if it was only a few dollars, was always helpful as my family were doing it tough. My father was wounded in World War II, and needed to retire from work at an early age due to ill-health, and with three young children my mother couldn’t go out to work.
        Over many years, my short story writing developed into novel writing, something I continue to love doing. It has truly been a Godsend now my husband has passed away and I spend a lot of time alone.
Social Media / Contact 

Readers can contact Margaret via her Facebook author group. Margaret would love to see you there. Or private message her on Facebook.

  Facebook Author Group     Amazon Author Page


Thank you for spending time with Margaret and me today! Check your email next time on Book Treasure Tuesday! 

Hugs~

 Award-Winning Author
RED RIVER CROSSING: Men of the Double K 2019 IDA Winner—Historical Novel
ELIZABETH: Widows of Blessings Valley 2019 IDA Finalist--Inspirational
THE MARSHAL’S BRIDE 2017 IDA Finalist—Short Historical
 
AUDIOBOOKS: Audiobook Cinema / Amazon / Kobo / Chirp

COMING THIS HOLIDAY SEASON: GINGERBREAD INN



1 comment:

  1. What a great interveiw, blurb and excerpt!
    Good luck and God's blessings with your book
    PamT

    ReplyDelete